I just wanted to remind everyone of our Parade of Celebration/Chromebook Return at Alta View one week from today. Lisa Talbot, who is retiring after a wonderfully successful 35-year career, will be our Honorable Grand Marshal. Also, if you are unable to return your chromebook or other materials on 5/29, please contact Alison Sepulveda in the office 801-826-7600 or email@example.com to make arrangements to drop them off prior to May 29th during our regular May office hours 8 AM – 2:30 PM. All Chromebooks, library books, and other school materials MUST be returned no later than May 29th!
Alta View Parade of Celebration Details:
When: Friday, May 29th (Last day of school) at 10:30 AM until it ends
Where: Alta View’s Drop-off Zone
- Teachers will be standing on the curb of the school’s drop-off zone (socially distanced of course!) waving at students. Some might even dress up, have signs/messages for you, or do something else creative. Come and find out how they plan to say goodbye.
- Kids can wave as parents drive through the drop-off zone. You are welcome to decorate your car, put signs on the car, or write messages to teachers on the windows, or do something fun if you like as long as you are safe. Even if you don’t decorate your car, come anyway and celebrate with us! We just want to see you all one more time in person. All students and parents participating in the parade must be in cars for safety reasons; no parade participants can walk. For those of you who have asked about how to give your child’s teacher an end-of-year gift, this would be a good time to do so, although teachers are more than happy just to see the kids smiling faces and receive a wave.
- Parents, please know that this Parade of Celebration is also a chance for our staff to say Thank You to all of you who have worked so hard to support the online learning the past two months. You deserve a parade as well!
- New: Officers from the Unified Police Department will on hand to help with traffic and add to this special occasion. We are thankful for their support. Officer Paula Stinson, who often works with our school, is even coming to participate on her day off – She knows this parade is going to be EPIC and didn’t want to miss out!
- New: PTA will be taking pictures and filming the parade. The footage will be edited and made into a video to be published and shared with all of you.
Chromebook Return: All Chromebooks, library books, and other school materials MUST be returned no later than May 29th!
- The chromebook return will also take place during the parade. Cars will enter the student drop-off zone from Larkspur and drive through the parade. At the end of the loading zone, those with chromebooks will turn left into the parking lot to return chromebooks. You can also drop off any other school materials in same parking lot locations as the chromebooks (ie. library books, classroom books, baggie books, or any other materials belonging to the school that did not get dropped off during our student belonging pick-up on 5/11). Students who do not have chromebooks or other materials to return will exit directly onto Crocus and head for home.
- For those who would like to simply drop off the chromebook or other materials, but not participate in the parade, go directly into the parking lot between 10 – 10:30 AM so you can get in and out prior to the parade.
- If you are not able to return chromebooks or other school materials on May 29th, please contact Alison Sepulveda in the office 801-826-7600 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements to drop them off prior to May 29th during our regular May office hours 8 AM – 2:30 PM. Again, All Chromebooks, library books, and other school materials MUST be returned no later than May 29th!
We hope you will be able to join us on May 29th at 10:30 AM for Alta View’s Parade of Celebration and Chromebook Return!
Summer break is just around the corner, but Canyons District will continue to provide free, nutritious meals to students through its curbside grab-and-go meal service.
Through June 30, 2020, all students 18 years of age and under will be able to pick up a free, nutritious sack lunch, Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 14 convenient locations. Students also will receive a cold breakfast to refrigerate and enjoy the following day.
Please note that due to construction, the curbside meal service at Hillcrest High (350 S 900 East) will conclude on Friday, May 29, but families may choose to visit any of the other nearby locations listed below.